Tuesday, May 01, 2007

congratulations nell!

Huge congratulations to Nell Dixon for winning the RNA Romance Prize at the Savoy on Friday with her book Marrying Max!!!!!!

A friend pointed out I hadn't updated my blog for a while, which is mainly because I'm not writing just at the moment. I'm studying frantically for exams! I have exams on May 21st, 22nd and 23rd and currently have a week off from work which I took with the intention of studying hard. I am studying but I am also doing other things like relaxing, enjoying the sunshine, catching up with the housework which tends to get forgotten when I'm writing or studying, and spending time with my husband.

Sadly, I haven't done any writing since sending my partial off to an agent at the end of March. I was feeling fine about it until I looked at the first chapter of one of my mss this morning and decided I wanted to send it somewhere! I must be patient and not send anything until I hear back from this agent.

I have promised myself some writing time straight after exams, but it will only be brief as the next exam is on August 3rd.

But I promise you I am reading your blogs on an almost daily basis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the exams, Monica!

Monica said...

Thanks, Pip! Two weeks to go and I'm currently feeling OK about two exams and freaking out about the third! I know the theory but...