Saturday, January 20, 2007

things

Where to start? What to say? It's been so long since I blogged and I've been so busy! I'm also mindful of the fact that I haven't posted about Cuba yet. Nor have I emailed my patiently waiting family with details - although they have seen the holiday pix!

I've thought about blogging and have even logged in a couple of times but then I've sat here thinking "but I've got nothing interesting to say".

Quite simply, I've been busy just getting on with life. Work obviously takes up a fair chunk of my day. After work I've been putting the finishing touches on a new website I've created for a Harlequin Romance author, I've continued with the editing of Rules in preparation for a much hoped for full request from LBD (fingers crossed!), I've been ice skating at Somerset House (I won free tickets!) and I've been catching up with family.

I've also watched the first four hours of series six of 24, tried to fight off a cold that was desperate to knock me out for a few days, read Kelly Hunter's Priceless (fantastic!) and generally not had enough sleep because I've been staying up too late.

What I haven't managed to do is study. I know, I know, I should be studying by now because I'm intending to sit three exams in May. However, I've been waiting for work to approve my study sponsorship agreement so I don't have to pay for it all myself. But in desperation I did order the course book for one of my courses on Thursday, expecting it to arrive yesterday so I could start studying this weekend. It didn't arrive so that's my excuse for not studying this weekend.

Instead, I'll be working hard to put the finishing touches on the author's website, continuing with more editing of Rules and visiting Staples to buy a new office chair for my husband. The studying begins on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Monica,

The translation sheet tells me it means hello, and seeing as you're learning spanish...

Thanks for your kind comment about Priceless. Have to confess I've been wondering what readers would make of it. Too light tonewise? Or too dark. Too alpha with the hero? Too vulnerable. Too much farce? Or too serious. I was sooo close to consigning it to the too risky bin.

So... I'm glad you liked it.

Kelly

Monica said...

Wow, Kelly Hunter has been to my blog! Hi Kelly!

Priceless was fantastic! I've read it three times already! I loved it so much that I'm going to blog about it again since you've visited my blog!