Thursday, July 05, 2007

reference number

I got my reference number in the post from M&B today. What? I forgot to mention that I posted a partial to Richmond on Monday? When my last submission to M&B got rejected back in February, the letter came with a comps slip to send something else in to the same editor. At the time I didn't think I had anything more to send so it got filed away until last week when I decided I did have something to send in. I dusted that comps slip off, printed my partial, wrote a letter, packaged it all up, posted it off and then immediately began to worry about all the flaws in the ms that I hadn't thought of until after I posted it! Oh well. If the editor sees something in my ms, she'll give me a chance to fix those flaws. If not, it wasn't meant to be. For now, that's another ms forgotten about as I have an exam in a little under a month which I need to focus on but I'm sure I'll be frantically worrying that a letter got lost in about 20 weeks!

3 comments:

Amanda Ashby said...

Yay that you sent in another query - might as well use up those comps slips (says she who still has some lying around somewhere!!!!). It's always better to know that you have a few pots in the fire!!

Nell Dixon said...

Fingers firmly crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in everything, Monica!