Thursday, February 01, 2007

sick

The bug that has been chasing me for the last couple of weeks finally caught up with me this week. I am now officially ill and probably won't make it to work tomorrow. In the last three days I've probably been unbearable at work and have been through several packets of painkillers, a whole load of strepsils, drunk gallons of Night Nurse, eaten ice cream for dinner and filled the freezer with ice lollies. I've also done very little study but I'm too tired to be bothered about it right now. No exam results yet. Maybe tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to do a little bit of work to make up for the guilty feeling I'll have when I don't go in tomorrow, I'll eat some more ice cream, drink more Night Nurse, have another ice lollie, watch an episode of CSI and fall asleep on the sofa. And spare a thought for my poor dh who is also ill with a slightly different bug than the one I've got - or at least it's affecting him differently to how it's affecting me - because he's got to put up with me being at home tomorrow! Of course, I may wake up tomorrow feeling 100% fit and go into work. Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Dave Snail said...

stumbled upon your blog. note that your an aspiring author. Hope you get to where you are going. For me, my blog is about as close as i'll get being published!

Don't normally comment but your blog was a nice read. Good luke, and get well soon!!

Dave Snail said...

sorry for the bad spelling. I meant "good luck"!!!!