Sunday, June 24, 2007

time flies...

I think the saying is time flies when you're having fun. I wish. I just realised how long it's been since I've blogged and unfortunately I can't say it's because I've been busy having fun. Time has flown. Life truly sucks.

Right now I'm lying on the sofa, dosed up on painkillers with a hotwater bottle on my neck/back/shoulder in an attempt to dull the pain I have been feeling all weekend. What I really wanted to be doing this weekend was reading Janet Evanovich's Lean Mean Thirteen but not a single one of the many bookshops I've visited since it's release date last week actually have it. I am now preparing to buy it from Amazon, which I don't do unless I absolutely have to for a reason I can't remember.

But that's not why life sucks. The little things are getting me down but only because I can't do a damned thing about the big thing that's making my life suck right now. My dh says I shouldn't stress about things I can't control. Knowing he is right, I have tried to live by this suggestion for the last few months and mostly I've got by. Sadly, that's not the case right now as the situation comes to a head.

Life hasn't been all bad though. Last weekend I visited my parents, and I'm sure other good things have happened which I've conveniently forgotten about now, which brings me to another thing. Can anyone recommend a good book for increasing your memory power? My dh says I need one! I've been looking on amazon but there are too many to choose from!

Oh, I just thought of another good thing - dh bought himself a new desk which is arriving tomorrow which means I get his! I will finally have a desk to put my laptop on instead of making space wherever I sit down...on the sofa, on the bed, on the beanbag. Yay!

And I do have rather a lot of very good books to read.

Now, if only this damned pain would go away...

1 comment:

Nell Dixon said...

Hope you feel better soon. I've been trying to get Lean Mean Thirteen too.