Thursday, June 28, 2007

tiny steps

An agent I sent a query to earlier in the week has replied saying my ms "sounds super" and to send it to her! I know it's only a tiny step but it's 100% better than a rejection letter so I'm happy! I'd be happier if there wasn't a postal strike tomorrow because that means there's no point taking my ms to the post office until Monday. Still, I can get it ready tomorrow.

Life is progressing steadily on all other fronts; every day this week has had it ups and downs.

ps: how much does it cost to send a letter from the US to the UK? I need to include a SAE with my ms. Thankfully I have US stamps from the days when I was submitting to Avalon. Back then I think it was about 80 cents. I just googled US to UK postage costs and I came up with a cost of nearly $4 to get a letter. Surely that can't be right?

5 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Hooray on the agent request! Fingers crossed for more good news!

Amanda Ashby said...

Hooray on the agent request - that's brilliant news. There is a US postal website that has the prices - it used to be 80 cents but it went up - not to four bucks though. If you still have 80 cent stamps you could just send two of them and I'm sure you'd be covered.

Anonymous said...

Yay! That request sounds a very positive sign. Hope you will get good news on every front soon.

Phillipa said...

Good luck

Monica said...

Thanks Christina, Amanda and Phillipa! Posted my ms on Tuesday and have now forgotten about it...sort of!