Saturday, November 24, 2007

they think it's all over. it is now!

Exams are over!!! I sat the last one yesterday. After two and a half years of studying constantly, I got up this morning and said "I've got nothing to do". What did I used to do with all my free time before I started studying for this qualification? Oh, that's right, I used to write!

Right now, I'm exhausted but give me another day of lounging around and I'll be back on top of things. Just as well as I'm due back at work on Monday.

Of course, I don't get my final results until February so technically I'm not fully qualified until then, and there's always a chance that I didn't do as well as I hope I did, but I'm not going to think about that. As far as I am concerned, I'm done. I'm qualified.

So, now it's onto the next thing. When I say I'm finished studying, that's not quite true. I am doing an Open University course but it doesn't involve exams and so far is proving enjoyable. It's more for my own benefit than work. I got my first assignment back on Thursday: 94% - so you can see why I might be feeling happy at the moment, what with exams being out of the way and all!

Now that I'm qualified, I need to decide what I want next out of my career. I have two choices. I can go on and do a Masters or I can go down the management course route. I have given myself next year to decide as I want to see how a few things pan out.

In the meantime, I have dozens of unread books to read that I've bought over the last two and a half years but haven't found the time to read, more books that I want to buy, and a new book to get writing!

I also have another roast to cook and yet another chocolate pudding to eat (all in the name of trying to find a chocolate pudding like the ones I remember from when I was little!).

And did I mention that it is freezing out? All I really want to do is curl up in bed!

No comments: