Monday, November 19, 2007

yikes!

I didn't realise I hadn't blogged in nearly a month! My only excuse is that I've had my head down, studying. Yeah, exams are looming. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoon. But the good news is that these are the last set of exams (touch wood) so once they are over, they are over. And boy do I plan to celebrate at the weekend!

So, I've been studying. Test me. I know all about advanced project management (gnatt charts, business cases, project life cycles, six sigma, Prince2, networks, work breakdown stuctures), legal aspects (contract law, vitiating factors, alternative dispute resolution, the Sale of Goods Act, the Supply of Goods and Services Act, EU procurement directives, confidentiality, Freedom of Information Act) and I've done the analysis for the case study exam (PESTLE, SWOT, Porter, stakeholders) and, well, OK, I don't know it all but hopefully I know enough to pass! I won't feel bad if I don't pass because I know I have put in the work.

I've also been doing lots of other stuff like waiting. The US agent has had my ms for three weeks now and I've also had a partial at M&B in Richmond since the end of June.

I'll worry about them next week.

Today, I have cleaned like a mad woman. It's something I do when I'm meant to be studying! The only thing that surprised me about today's cleaning is that I've been home for 10 days and this is the first day I've used cleaning as a study diversion! So, the place is clean, there's a roast in the oven and I've only got a little bit of study scheduled to complete today because I figure it's a good idea to take it easy today and tomorrow.

The other thing I've been doing today is obssessively checking the internet for updates on the release of Amazon's Kindle, an e-booker reader which I desperately want! Sadly, it's only available in the US, as is the Sony PRS-505. No idea when the Kindle is being released in the UK yet but there are rumours the Sony one is being launched at the London Book Fair next year. I don't know if the general public can attend the book fair but if they can and the Sony PRS-505 is being launched there, I do everything in my power to ensure I am there.

Right now, I'm telling myself that I will buy either a Sony PRS-505 or Kindle next year as my present to myself for passing these exams and therefore being fully qualified. Results are due in early February. But I'm also toying with the idea of buying something else.

I have sooooo many books to read once my exams are over! I can't wait!

No comments: