Sunday, November 25, 2007

writing again!

For a last few months, I've promised myself that, post exams, I would start writing again by Christmas.

Well, I've done it! An idea I've been playing with over the last 12 months or so suddenly started to fall into place in my head as I drifted off to sleep last night (how inconvenient!) and I've just finished putting it all into a word document. I was rather pleased to see I've got nearly 11,000 words already! They aren't entirely new words because a lot of what came to me was how some stuff I'd already written thinking they were different stories were all actually part of this one story that I need to write. I'd always intended to call it No Maternal Bones but the working title is actually The Baby Connection.

I've got a list of characters, I know what motivates the heroine and I know the point of the story but there's still a lot of blanks to fill in.

Some what annoyingly, another story idea is also grabbing me right now! I know much less about this story and only have 137 words written but it was something that I was fired up to write earlier this year but didn't because I realised I needed to focus on my studies.

So, now my exams are over and I have two stories demanding to be written! I'm hoping that is a sign that 2008 is going to be a fantastic writing year!

Sadly, I have to put the writing to one side for the rest of the day because I have other things I need to achieve before I go to bed: like making sure I've got work clothes sorted because I'm going back to work tomorrow after a two week break, like keeping an eye on the roast slowly cooking in the oven, like catching up with some reading. But, boy does it feel good to be writing again!

1 comment:

Phillipa said...

Glad to hear you are BICHOK again Monica!