Friday, August 11, 2006

New laptop!

I'm excited because I have a new laptop! And it was a complete surprise! Well, not a complete surprise. My husband talked about getting me a new laptop on Monday. I just didn't expect it to happen for a long time.

My old laptop is many many many years old and didn't have word on it because it didn't have enough memory. It was also very s-l-o-w. But it was good enough for checking my emails and working on assignments. Not so good for writing though. The programs I used in place of word mostly didn't have word counts. It was frustrating. But all that is in the past now.

I came home from work last night to find a new HP waiting for me! I didn't play with it much last night because I was late home but I have been playing tonight. I had actually been planning a lazy weekend because I'm not feeling 100% but instead I will be writing and studying so I have an excuse to use the laptop. I won't have any excuse not to write now!

I've just spent the last half hour transferring mss from my usb drive to the laptop. I've got two mainstream mss that I'm going to play around with over the coming months plus I have an ms on 44,000 words that I need to get up to 60,000 for Modern Extra. I want to have it ready to send in as soon as I hear back about Tarts.

But right now I'm off to watch another episode of Bones. Amanda, if you're reading this, Bones is fantastic! Well, DB is. I'm not sure about the actual storyline but I'm not that bothered since I'm really only watching it as hero material research. He is definite hero material!

5 comments:

Sara Hantz said...

Yay, on the new laptop!!

Amanda Ashby said...

Omg, I'm so pleased to hear that DB is great in Bones, I can't wait to watch it. I'm so sad that I even have two of his poster books. How old am I????

Amanda Ashby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda Ashby said...

Sorry, went a big trigger happy and posted the same comment twice. I go a bit shaky when I think about DB too much!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »