Thursday, August 24, 2006

Oh baby!

My best friend had a baby today! A little girl - 6 pound 2 ounces. They've known for months that their baby was a little girl and we've been calling her by her name - Annie - for ages. I got the call just after 12 noon. Daddy sounded rather stunned! Annie was born by c-section a week early because she was in breech position. My friend has sent me several texts tonight. Apparently Annie has slept most of the day, including when her mummy tried to feed her! I've also been sent a photo. Mother and baby are doing well and I'm planning to visit next week. I've been the excited friend for months, however now I'm the worried one. What if I see Annie and decide I want a baby? Or worse, what if I see her and still don't feel that maternal urge? I have to go shopping to buy a present. I saw the cutest little baby socks in a shop two months ago. Nearly bought them but didn't want to tempt fate. Apparently Annie has more clothes than she is ever likely to wear and millions of fluffy bunny rabbits. So I'm thinking maybe I'll buy her a book. Then again, that sounds boring. The only thing I know for sure is that I am not stepping foot in a Mothercare store. I did that a few months ago and it was scary!

No comments: