Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Too much of a good thing?

Is it possible to have too much of a good thing? My husband seems to think so. When I last posted, I was about to watch the next episode of Bones. Mainly to oggle at David Boreanaz. However, my husband decided that watching nine episodes in nine days was enough so instead he made me watch a show he likes called The Dead Zone.

It's about a guy who is living his dream until a near fatal crash leaves him in a coma. He wakes up six years later to find his girlfriend has married someone else. He also now has the ability to see into the lives of people he touches. It's based on the book by Stephen King.

I grudgingly watched the first episode. Then we watched the original movie. Then I grudgingly watched the second episode. Now, four days later, I am on episode eight. All I've done is swap one obssession for another!

I find my obssession with The Dead Zone rather amusing. The relationships are rather weird. There's Johnny (the guy who has been in the coma for six years) who is still in love with Sarah (his girlfriend from before his accident). Sarah is married to the sheriff but is still in love with Johnny. Then there's a reporter who appears to be in love with Johnny. But Johnny touched her in an earlier episode and saw a vision of her life and I swear it was the reporter having sex with the sheriff, who is meant to be in love with his wife!

I have also seen two episodes of Bones. TV, it seems, is ruling my life!

Take today for example. I had the day off work. We would have gone to Southampton again but the weather forecast wasn't great so we decided to stay at home. Did I study? No. This morning I stayed in bed very late and then checked out all my favourite blogs and websites when I finally switched the laptop on before watching two episodes of The Dead Zone. We had a late takeaway lunch and then I switched the laptop on again. This time I did do some study but minutes after posting this, I'll be watching another Dead Zone followed later tonight by a Bones.

I've also just been reviewing the list of "fall" shows on a favourite site of mine (www.tv.com) and realised not only does Prison Break start on Monday, but I won't have long to wait until The Unit and CSI return! Bones also starts a second series shortly.

Did I mention that I have two exams in November? I have seven assignments and a mock exam to complete for one exam and a whole lot of study for the other. Not to mention those 16,000 words I need to write to complete The Husband Hunt.

I think I need to get focused!

Those who want to can read more about Bones at the link below. But be warned, this site may spoil the show for you as it contains a summary for every episode. Personally, I like that!
http://www.tv.com/bones/show/33332/summary.html?tag=tabs;summary

Likewise, you can read more about The Dead Zone here:
http://www.tv.com/search.php?qs=the+dead+zone&type=11&stype=all&tag=search%3Bbutton

2 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

i loved the movie with Christopher Walken (of course I also love Christopher Walken!!) but could never quite get into the series. I think because it was a series... if that makes sense!

Anonymous said...

What a great site
catalog printer