Friday, September 08, 2006

exam result

Got the result of my July exam in the post today. I passed. Just. Still, it was still a pass. I shall celebrate by taking donnuts into the office on Monday. It was a bit of a wake up call though ie I need to start putting a bit more effort in for November's exams. I've only done one assignment so far. So shall be studying hard this weekend.

Visited baby Annie yesterday. Very pleased to say she's gorgeous but that I didn't have any maternal urges. Phew! I was worried! She must have known because she was very well behaved! So well behaved that I'm already planning my next visit.

3 comments:

Sara Hantz said...

You passed, and that's the main thing. Congrats to you!

Christina Phillips said...

lol. This reminds me of what you said when you read Baby Blues!!

Monica said...

Sara - thanks!

Christina - what did I say when I read Baby Blues? I can't recall although I could probably hazard a guess.

Is it appropriate to mention that I put all the clothes I was wearing when I visited the baby straight in the wash as soon as I got home? Although I think that has more to do with a slight obssessive compulsive disorder thing that I have!!!

I really should be writing No Maternal Instincts (I keep wanting to write No Maternal Bones so maybe that's what I originally called it) because I have soooo much material from the last couple of months of Amanda's pregnancy and the arrival of little Annie!

Then again, I'm also dying to send my first person version of Tarts Inc into Little Black Dress. I know, I know, it's still with M&B but writing that version was like getting blood from a stone whereas the first person version was pure fun!

Last Christmas (hey, a WHAM song!) a M&B author listened to me talk about my two versions of Tarts and said send it into LBD so what did I do? I sent it to M&B. Why didn't I listen???????

OK, rant over.