Wednesday, September 06, 2006

technical difficulties

I've been missing for a while due to technical difficulties. Not with my new laptop, I hasten to add. My husband's computer died over a week ago and he uses it for work (rather than just writing and study like me) I had to let him use my laptop.

He builds his own computers so I had several days of "bits" arriving last week and when they all arrived, the lounge turned into something resembling a bomb site. It's usually over in a couple of days but this time, come the Friday night, one of the new bits failed. So instead of having my laptop back to study all weekend, I had to find things to entertain a grumpy husband who used my laptop.

He offered to tidy up since he had to wait until Monday to order new stuff (arrival Tuesday) but I didn't think it was worth it. I regretted this last night when the groceries arrived and I didn't have anywhere to put anything!

Touch wood, it all appears to be working tonight and I have my laptop back!

I'm way behind on my study and I'm also inspired to start writing again thanks to Julie Cohen (www.julie-cohen.com).

And I've got a half day in the office tomorrow because I'm going to see my friend and baby Annie!

No comments: