Wednesday, October 11, 2006

christmas!

Yes, folks, it's that time of year. The time of year when Christmas cards, wrapping paper and tinsel suddenly line the supermarket shelves!

Normally, I would ignore this because I'm very much a last minute person. I do my Christmas shopping in December. I also think about sending Christmas cards the week before Christmas. Last Christmas, I gave in and sent a Christmas email to my family and friends, promising them I'd be in touch more often this year. Have I? Nope. I had good intentions.

Anyway, on Sunday night as I was drifting off to sleep, it hit me. I'm tied up with work, exam preparation and actual exams for most of November. Then we're going on holiday. We arrive back on December 15th. One week before Christmas. Now that week is going to be very busy at work because of year end blah, blah, blah.

So for once I need to be organised. With that in mind, as I drifted to sleep I planned who I would send Christmas cards to and also thought about everyone I need to buy presents for and what I'll get them.

I transferred all this lovely information into my notepad on Monday. Then I Tuesday I set about trying to buy some of the listed presents. Well, money actually. New Zealand dollars to be precise, to tuck into parcels with chocolate! Only it appears that the Post Offices near my work don't stock NZ dollars. They can order them but I get no say in what size notes will turn up, which means I can't be sure that I'll get what I require for the four presents I'm planning.

It's enough to make a person give up and spend the money on herself. I hasten to add that I didn't and I haven't. I'll just trek to another part of the great city of London to get the cash.

My point here is that I've scared myself. It's October and I'm thinking about Christmas.

I'm also studying hard and not writing.

1 comment:

The Fat Lady said...

You might be interested to know that I have already written my christmas card list and started planning what I am sending to whom. At least you have a good reason to be organised. In my case it's a sign of a sad person who has nothing better to do. ;)