Sunday, October 01, 2006

oh no!

I promised myself I would study intensively for the next six weeks because I have exams on November 21st and 22nd. So what happens? A book that has been rattling around in my head for a month or two suddenly falls into place and I get a burning desire to start writing it! Unbelievable! I can't study every night, right? So I could write a few hundred words here and there. There's no pressure to get it done because I've only just sent a partial into M&B so that's got to go through the usual procedure (thinking positive here - full request, fingers crossed!) before I can send something else in. Study or write? Experience tells me I can't do both. Studying totally sucks the creativity out of me. And I do need to study because I want to pass these exams. But still, there's got to be some spare time for writing, right? I will make time. Marc and Amelia are demanding it. Well, Marc is. Amelia would be happy to stand back and wait for me to have more time. But Marc has a point to prove and he wants to do it now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica

Just came across your blog and wanted to wish you good luck with your partial, your writing and your exams.

Sara Hantz said...

Can you do two days on two days off - or two days writing and two days study... or doesn't that work?

Monica said...

Phillipa! I was a little star stuck when I realised you'd been on my blog, which is funny because I know so many authors!! And even funnier was the fact that I was on your blog checking to see if there had been any sightings of your book at the time you were here on mine! Can't wait to read your book!

Sara, sounds like a good plan to me! I'm not actually in the mood to study every night so I'm sure I can fit some writing is somewhere.