Tuesday, October 03, 2006

post book blues

If there is such a thing as post book blues, then I'm suffering from it.

Last week, a friend emailed me to say how nice it was reading my blog because I sounded so upbeat. I was upbeat because I had a plan - sending Heaven to M&B, Rules to LBD and Sea to DCT. I achieved that plan and now I feel a little lost. The addrenalin rush is over and I'm just trying to get enough sleep every night to see me through very busy days at work.

Thankfully I have managed to find the willpower to do some study! Not as much as I should be doing but enough to stop me worrying constantly about this.

I think post book blues thing is why I'm so keen to start work on my next ms even though I know I've still got to finish polishing Rules and Heaven in case I get a full request. Being the leave everything until the last minute person that I am, I'm much more likely to leave them as they are and only do the polishing when (thinking positive here!) the full requests arrive. Hey, I work best with a deadline!

Just realised it's only EIGHT WEEKS until our holiday to Cuba! This revelation just hit me because I just remembered that October 5th is the deadline to pay the outstanding balance. I've just written myself a note reminding me to pay this tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs on the post book blues.